There are so many Omaha summer 2022 classic car shows that it is hard to pick a favorite event. We discuss a few Omaha summer car shows below to hopefully make your decision-making a bit easier.
Omaha Summer 2022: Classic Car Shows & Car Cruises
Street Car Takeover I29 Dragway
June 4 at 9:00 am
This fun event is coming back to I29 Dragway in Pacific Junction, Iowa. The Street Car Takeover will feature exciting heads-up and index drag racing as well as hosting a car show. Street Car Takeover I29 Dragway schedule:
- 9:00 am gates open for VENDORS only.
- 11:00 am gates open for show/racers and spectators.
- 11:00 am tech opens for racers.
- 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm car show with the awards taking place at 4:30 pm.
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm open testing.
- 4:30 pm – 9:00 pm Eliminations or until finished.
Wheels of Courage
June 25, from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
The Wheels of Courage Car Show is an exciting outdoor car show with a variety of categories for the public to enter and win. You can be involved by registering your car in one of thirteen judging categories, or by purchasing a sponsorship or t-shirt. There is also an auction and raffle with many unique prizes. All proceeds will benefit the Spirit of Courage Charitable Fund at the Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital.
July 10, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
This national car show series is going to be held at Pacific Junction, IA at I29 Dragway. The Import Face-Off will feature:
- Car, truck, and bike show
- ¼ Mile drag racing
- USACi stereo crank it up contest
- Burnout contest
- Low car limbo
- 2 step competition
Ice Cream Cruise 2022
August 5, from 4:00 pm to August 7, 10 pm
The Ice Cream Cruise 2022 will take place at Raceway Park of the Midlands. Pre-registration will be required for ALL SHOW CARS this year to assist with getting cars into the show quicker. Preregistration is scheduled to open in May. The show agenda is as follows:
- Friday will be the Test and Tune and Cash Shootout Drag Racing events.
- Saturday will be the BIG SHOW with over 1,400 cars lining the 2-mile road course, for the car show, the wild skidpad in the afternoon on the drag strip, the cutest dog contest, and the no-prep race afterward.
- Sunday there will be drag racing and roll racing all day, with the Joe Hunt Memorial burnout contest wrapping things up.
11th Annual Mitchell Ostry Memorial Show N Shine
August 14, from 9:00 am to 05:00 pm
Bring your car or truck to this fun-filled event. Proceeds from the show will assist in funding the Mitchell Ostry Memorial Scholarship, awarded to high school graduates pursuing a career in the automotive industry. For more information on the scholarship visit sevenmileridez.com. Car show registration is $20. Proceedings:
- Registration 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Show n Shine event 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Awards start at 4:00 pm
- Stock and Modified classes for all years
- 15 Speciality awards
Day of show notes
- Shade is limited so make sure to bring a tent and chairs if possible. Also, bring sunscreen and plenty of water.
- ATMs will be available. However, we advise bringing cash for any purchases you might decide on.
- All entries arriving on trailers need to be unloaded for showing and the trailer will need to be parked separately.
- The show will be held on the main street (Center Avenue) downtown.
- This is a family and pet-friendly event. All pets need to be on leashes at all times.
With this list of car shows, events, and entertainment available, all car enthusiasts and their families will have plenty of things to do this summer around the Omaha area.
Dave & Rays Automotive Repair Shop in Omaha, NE
Our team has learned one thing: automotive problems are as varied and unique as the customers who bring them to us. Fortunately, our decades of experience in auto service and repair also mean that our skilled network of professionals is ready to accommodate an impressive scope of automotive issues. Contact us today.
- How Do I Make My Classic Car a Show Car?
- Electric Vehicle Maintenance vs Gas
- How Can I Increase My Gas Efficiency?
- Are Classic Cars Better Than Modern Cars?
- Are You Ready to Switch to an Electric Vehicle?